- Social Widget
K12HSN Technology News
- Computer Science Education Week
- eSchool News: Computer Science Education Week begins today, and the week is full of resources and events to help curriculum directors and educators integrate and implement computer science lessons.
- Could these new standards work better than Common
- eSchool News: New science standards are free of time-crunches and high-stakes requirements
- 5 education grants you don’t want to miss!
- eSchool News: School funding difficulties show no sign of abating this December, and school budgets are stretched to the limit. Many educators and administrators rely on school grants to fund important projects and opportunities for students.
- A more social form of professional development
- eSchool News: The state of Utah has adopted an innovative online platform for its 25,000 teachers that reinvents the notion of how professional development is experienced....
- E-rate reminder: Still time to register
- CDE: Still time to register for Intermediate Advanced E-rate training.
- Common Core State Standards Update
- CDE: Common Core State Standards (CCSS) Resources provided by the California Department of Education
- Why School Leaders Should Embrace Social Networkin
- Education Week: A new book for education leaders highlights why the use of social networking is critical for today's education leaders and how this technology can ease school administrators' long list of duties, not add to them.
- Broadband in schools gets boost from tech gurus
- eSchool News: Gates, Zuckerburg give $9 million to nonprofit working to improve school broadband connectivity The effort to get broadband access in every school is getting a boost from the philanthropy of two technology gurus: Facebook creator Mark Zucker
- CDE Smarter Balanced Update Issue 70
- CDE: The California Department of Education (CDE) Smarter Balanced update is a bimonthly e-mail that reports on current and upcoming Smarter Balanced development activities.
- 13 modern challenges school tech leaders face
- eSchool News: It’s not always about funding, though that’s still a major challenge for the modern school technology leader. A recent forum held for chief technology officers (CTOs) covered a wide range of 21st-century challenges, including one few saw
- 11 Programs for Primary Teachers
- THE Journal: Visalia USD's Patricia "Petey" Smith recently offered up a bevy of recommended technologies designed to help make primary educators' jobs easier and their teaching more effective.
- Tricks of the Trade
BoE Community Group Activity
Charter Schools Project
and BoE Trainings